Mars, the company responsible for some of our favorite candies and chocolate, has decided to cancel and shelf the M&M mascots. At least for the time being.
Mars recently redesigned M&M’s animated mascots, announcing in a statement last Thursday that they were creating “a world where everyone feels they belong, and society is inclusive.” However, the newly designed M&M’s have received criticism and backlash online, and now the company appears to be headed back to the drawing board.
This all follows Mars’ decision to campaign an all-female package for the 80-year-old candy brand. The limited-time offer was simply supposed to be a celebration for women, but not everyone sees it that way.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Following an attack from conservative talking heads like FOX’s Tucker Carlson, Mars now claims that the ‘spokescandies’ are on an “indefinite pause”.
Carlson, who at one point about a year ago targeted the M&M mascots as being “woke”, went on another, full-segment tirade directed at the colorful animations, stating that the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe”, and made reference to the purple one being “obese”.
This morning M&M’s released the following statement:
So let’s hear it, are you upset about the way Mars has handled the M&M mascots?
- St. Jude: Give To Get Your Shirt
- Buy Black Tuesday: Where To Shop In B’More [2-27-2024]
- AT&T Will Give $5 Credits To Customers Affected By Widespread Service Outage
- Baltimore’s mini hip-hop museum has big potential
- Traffic Advisories You Should Know About As The CIAA Tournament Kicks Off In Baltimore
- Health Officials Urging Families To Stay Vigilant Among Rise In Measles Cases Across The Country
- Tory Lanez Appeals Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Conviction Again
- Maryland Ranks #6 On The List Of Best States For Women In 2024
- Urban One Honors Attendees Speak On All Things Best In Black #UrbanOneHonors
- Diddy’s Son Quincy Removes Face Tattoo After Online Criticism, Allegedly
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
M&M Candy Mascots Are Latest Victims Of Cancel Culture. For Real. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Wendy Williams’ Family Gives Detailed Account Of Her “Heartbreaking” Downward Spiral
Bravo Fans React To Porsha Williams Filing For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of Marriage
Larsa Pippen And Marcus Jordan Reportedly Break Up, X Reacts
Iggy Azalea Sex Tape Leaked [VIDEO]
Solange Knowles’ Son Daniel “Julez” Smith, Jr. Walks For Versace During Milan Fashion Week
Angry White Conservatives Just Can’t Accept The Black National Anthem Being Sung At The Super Bowl
Switcheroo Boo Rachel Dolezal AKA Nkechi Diallo In Hot Water After OnlyFans Page News Goes Public
Win A Family Four-Pack of Tickets to The CIAA Step Shows!