According to reports, the shooting took place Tuesday morning at a bowling alley in downtown Houston. Officials arrived to a large crowd and a man reported to be Takeoff with a gunshot wound to the head or neck
Takeoff was pronounced dead on the scene. Two other men were shot and taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
Takeoff, born Kirshnik Khari Ball along with Quavo and Offset formed the Migos in 2008. The group gained notoriety with their first hit “Versace” in 2013. In 2016, the group reached new heights when their song “Bad and Boujee” reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
- Migos’ Takeoff Buys NFT From The Bored Ape Yacht Club Collection
- The Migos Take To The Ring At WWE’s ‘Day One’ PPV
- President Obama Summer Vibes
- Culture III: Migos Describes What Makes Them The Best Rap Group, Talk Loyalty, Family & More
- Migos Debut “Avalanche” On ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’
- 50 Cent, The Migos & More Party In Tampa Like COVID-19 Doesn’t Exist During Super Bowl Weekend
- Say What! The Migos Are Suing Former Attorney For Millions, Quality Control Mentioned In Lawsuit
- Migos Drop New Song & Visuals For ‘Give No Fxk’ Feat Travis Scott & Young Thug [Watch]
- Quavo To Executive Produce Animated Hip Hop Series
- Watch: Migos Lets It Fly in “Stripper Bowl” [VIDEO]
In 2018, Takeoff released his only solo album, “The Last Rocket” and was currently promoting his collaborative project “Only Built for Infinity Links” with Quavo underneath the name “Unc and Phew”
Takeoff was only 28 years old.
BlackAmericaWeb.com will have more on the story as it develops.