Angela Rye is a political commentator, activist and is known to have a swift clapback at anyone that tries to come for her. While on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show,” she spoke about voter suppression in Georgia as well as racists robocalls in Florida. Rickey Smiley mentioned that he had a dream about Andrew Gillum and Stacey Abrams, who are both running for governor in two different states.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Rye hopes Rickey’s dreams are projections of who will be elected. She then spoke about how she’s watched people put fear inside of voters. Having several Black candidates on ballots Rye said makes them, “Big mad.” Rye also spoke about Brian Kemp and how he’s purging voters out the system because their names don’t exactly match.
We shouldn’t fear voting and Rye said,”Don’t let anyone take your power away.” If you dislike what the Trump administration is doing you have the opportunity to change it. Show them that we have power and we can show up by voting.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Ayesha Curry Shows Off Her Post-Baby Abs During Date Night With Husband, Steph
- Quincy Jones Reveals Ray Charles Got Him Hooked On Heroin At 15
- 50 Cent Goes Savage On Ashanti After She Only Sells 24 Concert Tickets
- Slay! Kenya Moore’s Royalty-Themed Baby Shower Was Absolutely Gorgeous [PHOTOS]
Megyn Kelly Wonders What’s Wrong With Blackface. The Internet Let Her Know
1. Don’t forget how NBC treated Tamron Hall and Al Roker
Source: 1 of 16
NBC cancelled the 9am hour of the Today Show hosted by Tamron Hall and Al Roker so Megyn Kelly, who gets paid more than twice their combined salaries, can do this. https://t.co/yINbQ8wptr— jason c. (@netw3rk) October 23, 2018
Source: 2 of 16
I thought this might have been an exaggeration, but no, Megyn Kelly is really doing a “I don’t see what’s so offensive about blackface” https://t.co/xtECr43UMg— b-boy bouiebaisse (@jbouie) October 23, 2018
3. White privilege
Source: 3 of 16
Don't you love how Megyn Kelly:— Elon James White (@elonjames) October 23, 2018
1) Thinks Black Face is the same as if a Black person put on make up to look white. Power dynamics? Meh.
2) Says that it was okay to do that when she was a kid.
Megyn? It was never okay. That's your white privilege talking.
4. No one told Megyn Kelly she was wrongSource: 4 of 16
5. Honest thoughtsSource: 5 of 16
6. Religious take
Source: 6 of 16
Megyn Kelly:— Gary (@BlackerTheGary) October 23, 2018
“Santa is white”
“Jesus is white”
“I don’t see what’s so offensive about blackface”
Source: 7 of 16
Great Megyn Kelly costume. pic.twitter.com/dOziMbWzfH— Daydrink Nation™ (@TimDuffy) October 23, 2018
8. Blame in on Trump
Source: 8 of 16
I think for what is going on with this administration and all of the racist people out there and many incidents that people have encounter due to racism Megyn Kelly just open another can of worms with her comment. pic.twitter.com/ED9asvHPEF— The Atheist Geek (@geek_atheist) October 23, 2018
9. This is par for the course for Megyn Kelly
Source: 9 of 16
1. Going back to her days at Fox News Megyn Kelly has had a history of being racially/culturally incompetent and unaware 2. Keep in mind NBC dumped the 9am hr of The Today show hosted by Tamron Hall and Al Roker in favor Megyn Kelly and this kind of foolishness and ignorance. https://t.co/cURaIxZyPh— BrotherJR aka Brotha Wakanda (@BrotherJR76) October 23, 2018
10. SarcasmSource: 10 of 16
11. The apologetic Black person chimes inSource: 11 of 16
Source: 12 of 16
Black people: “When white people wear blackface we find it incredibly hurtful to us. It’s racist and we hope you all can see that.”— Setoiyo (@Setoiyo1) October 23, 2018
Megyn Kelly: https://t.co/B2OXvPO1zN
13. Megyn Kelly: White people are “normal people”
Source: 13 of 16
Megyn Kelly can't understand what's so offensive about blackface then says: "I can't keep up with the number of people we're offending just by being, like, normal people."@megynkelly: 1. You've never been black 2. This isn't "normal," it's white privilege and it's embarrassing. pic.twitter.com/tHPjulPZ1P— Amee Vanderpool (@girlsreallyrule) October 23, 2018
14. Black folks’ collective side-eye
Source: 14 of 16
Megyn Kelly: “What’s wrong with blackface?”— JaiHawkFLY (@JaiHawkFly) October 23, 2018
15. A history lessonSource: 15 of 16
16. The ironySource: 16 of 16
Angela Rye: “Don’t Let Anyone Take Your Power Away” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com