Algee Smith stole our hearts as we watched him dance and sing as Ralph Tresvant in “The New Edition Story.” He’s currently in the movie “The Hate U Give,” where his character murdered by the police as his best friend watches from inside the car. Smith spoke about injustices many Black people face and even talked about his own experiences.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He mentioned that he’s been harassed as well as racially profiled in his life. The purpose of this film is to show others what it’s like and make them view it from a different perspective. While working on this movie he’s also been making new music.
Smith believes his fans come from all generations. His focus is to do music as well as act and see’s himself as the modern day Will Smith. He would love to work on a new “I Robot” or “I Am Legend” movie. Smith feels so blessed to have all these opportunities and looks forward to what comes next for his career.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
Twitter Watched The New Edition Movie Together Like One Big Family
1. Black Boy Joy.Source: 1 of 8
2. Even NKOTB member Donnie Wahlberg had to give credit where it’s due.Source: 2 of 8
3. Contract: a.k.a. $500 and a Betamax, to be exact.Source: 3 of 8
4. Grown folks music.Source: 4 of 8
5. Bobby wasn’t here for it.Source: 5 of 8
6. Our sentiments exactly.Source: 6 of 8
7. Single Black moms have always played their role, times two.Source: 7 of 8
8. Job well done, BET.Source: 8 of 8
- Buy Black Tuesday: Where To Shop In B’More [4-13-2021]
- Maryland Directs All Vaccine Providers To Pause Johnson & Johnson Shot
- Get Your A$$ Out Of Bed, Here’s Your Next Job
- Johns Hopkins University Requiring Students To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Order To Return To Campus This Fall
- You Mad!: Cam’ron Drags Derrick Jaxn Over DMX Post
- DMX’s Family Says Beware Of Scammers
- 50 Cent Shockingly Shrugs Off Diddy Dating His Ex
- Virtual Vibes: 2 Chainz To Perform As Part of TIDAL X Facebook’s Oculus Livestream Series
- Sotheby’s Selling Kanye West’s $1M+ “Grammy-Worn” Nike Air Yeezy Sample From 2008
- Cardi B Debuts Apparel Collection With Reebok