A black man was assaulted while calling the police on a white man who hit his car.
Katchazo Paho was driving when a white man riding a bike hit his car. As Paho exited the car the man begin screaming the N-word at him. Paho held the mans bike to keep the man from leaving while calling the police and that’s when the attack with the bike lock happened. Paho says he never fought back.
The suspect, Maxim Smith, is facing a charge of assault with a dangerous weapon and the crime is being investigated as a hate crime.
Paho needed 18 stitches to close the wound.
This is on the heels of the “Unite The Right” rally heads to D.C. this Sunday. Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke and others are schedule to attend what many call a “White Supremacist” rally. Last years rally saw violence and more in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Aftermath Of The 1968 D.C. Riots Following The Assassination Of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr [Photos]
1. 'Curfew After MLK Riots'Source:Getty 1 of 30
2. The Washington PostSource:Getty 2 of 30
3. SLUG: MLK/RIOTS INPUT DATE: 3/20/2008 PHOTOGRAPHER: MATTHEW LSource:Getty 3 of 30
4. Riots After MLK AssassinationSource:Getty 4 of 30
5. Front page of The Washington Post, April 6, 1968 during the rioSource:Getty 5 of 30
6. Front page of The Washington Post, April 5, 1968 during the rioSource:Getty 6 of 30
7. SLUG: MLK/RIOTS INPUT DATE: 3/20/2008 PHOTOGRAPHER: MATTHEW LSource:Getty 7 of 30
8. Race Riots In Washington D.C.Source:Getty 8 of 30
9. Riot AftermathSource:Getty 9 of 30
10. Riot in DCSource:Getty 10 of 30
11. Aftermath Of The 1968 RiotsSource:Getty 11 of 30
12. Soldier standing guard in a Washington, D.C., street with the ruins of buildings that were destroyed during the riots that followed the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr., 8 April 1968. Photographer: Warren K Leffler.Source:Getty 12 of 30
13. Washington DC Race RiotsSource:Getty 13 of 30
14. US-RACE RIOTS-WASHINGTONSource:Getty 14 of 30
15. US-RACE RIOTS-WASHINGTONSource:Getty 15 of 30
16. US-RACE RIOTS-WASHINGTONSource:Getty 16 of 30
17. Troops Patrol Washington, DC After Assassination of Martin Luther KingSource:Getty 17 of 30
18. Washington, DC, After RiotSource:Getty 18 of 30
19. Downtown Washington After the Martin Luther King RiotsSource:Getty 19 of 30
20. Soldiers in DC Sleep in LaundromatSource:Getty 20 of 30
21. 82nd Airborne Patrolling Washington, DCSource:Getty 21 of 30
22. Soldiers Guarding Capitol BuildingSource:Getty 22 of 30
23. Robert Kennedy Touring Washington NeighborhoodSource:Getty 23 of 30
24. Robert Kennedy Touring Washington District After FiresSource:Getty 24 of 30
25. Robert Kennedy and Wife Ethel Touring Fire-Damaged Area of WashingtonSource:Getty 25 of 30
26. Robert F. Kennedy Touring Riot DamageSource:Getty 26 of 30
27. Robert F. Kennedy Visits Riot Scene in Washington DCSource:Getty 27 of 30
28. President Richard Nixon, George Romney and Walter Washington tour NeighborhoodSource:Getty 28 of 30
29. Riot-Damaged StoreSource:Getty 29 of 30
30. Aftermath of Washington RiotsSource:Getty 30 of 30
Man Beaten By Bike Rider Screaming Racial Slurs In Georgetown Talks Incident was originally published on woldcnews.com