Want news at your fingertips? Text WOLB to 71007 to join our text club!
LeBron James declined his player option with the Cleveland Cavaliers to become to a free agent, according to his management.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
What’s that mean for his status and finances? He’s turning down $35.6 million for the Cavaliers during the 2018-2019 season. The Los Angeles Lakers and Philadelphia 76ers are two main teams hoping to snag the “King,” but only time will tell. Free agents can start making decisions on new teams starting July 1.
Free agency begins at 12:01 a.m. ET Sunday, and the balance of power in the NBA could shift if James chooses to leave Cleveland and create a new superteam with the Los Angeles Lakers or join a burgeoning power such as the Houston Rockets or Philadelphia 76ers. Free agents can’t sign contracts until July 6.
If LeBron leaves Cleveland, where do you think LeBron will go?
For The Latest News: Follow @wolbbaltimore
Sex, Guns & Violence: The Biggest Scandals In NBA History
1. Kobe Bryant Cheating and Rape AllegationsSource: 1 of 13
2. Nick Young Gets Put on Blast by D’Angelo RussellSource: 2 of 13
3. Derek Fisher and Matt Barnes Fight Over a WomanSource: 3 of 13
4. Malice at the PalaceSource: 4 of 13
5. Magic Johnson’s HIV AnnouncementSource: 5 of 13
6. Allen Iverson TrespassingSource: 6 of 13
7. Gilbert Arenas Brings a Gun to PracticeSource: 7 of 13
8. Delonte West Sleeping with LeBron’s MomSource: 8 of 13
9. Jordan’s Gambling HabitSource: 9 of 13
10. Donald Sterling Is the Most Hated Man in AmericaSource: 10 of 13
11. Jason Kidd Allegedly Beat His WifeSource: 11 of 13
12. Latrell Sprewell Choking His CoachSource: 12 of 13
13. Tony Parker Sleeping With Teammate’s WifeSource: 13 of 13
LeBron James Declines $35.6M Option To Become Free Agent was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com