With the recent suicides of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain, Rickey Smiley spoke with Dr. Alduan Tartt. He talked about how suicide is the 10th leading cause of death and that at least 1 happens every 12 minutes. Dr. Alduan mentioned that men use more lethal means than women.
Signs that people need to look out for are changes in behavior especially when they feel like they are a burden to everyone. Dr. Alduan believes that you should not ask them if they want to commit suicide, but rather how they feel.
When people don’t have the ability to feel anything that’s when they are numb and not a good feeling.
He also spoke about how sleep can affect your decisions. Dr. Alduan also believes that you must watch as they become disconnected from family as well as friends.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Leah’s Lemonade: Suge Knight Takes Plea Deal in Murder Case
- Waka Flocka Flame Sounds Off About Maroon 5 Reportedly Performing At The Super Bowl
- Kanye West Adresses Nick Cannon, Tyson Beckford & Drake In Instagram Video
- Maryland Officials Say STD’s At Record Levels In Baltimore City
- Get Your A$$ Out Of Bed Here’s Your Next Job
- Multiple Deaths Reported In Warehouse Shooting In Harford County
- Piles Arrested For Gun In Carry-On At Tampa International Airport
- City Police Respond To 3 Separate Shootings In Less Than An Hour
- Bye, ESPN! Jemele Hill Has A New Job And It’s With LeBron James
- Kourtney Kardashian Dating ‘Grown-ish’ Star Luka Sabbat? [PHOTOS]
Celebrities Who’ve Considered Suicide
1. Singer-songwriter Kehlani1 of 9
2. Actor Wentworth Miller2 of 9
3. UFC fighter Ronda Rousey3 of 9
4. Actress Halle Berry4 of 9
5. Rapper Eminem5 of 9
6. Comedian Richard Pryor6 of 9
7. Rapper Kanye West7 of 9
8. Actor Robin Williams8 of 9
9. Rock star Kurt Cobain9 of 9
Dr. Alduan Tartt Gives 3 Signs Someone Might Be Suicidal [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on RickeySmileyMorningShow.com