Michelle Obama has always been one to share advice and inspire young women. The Huffington Post reports the former first lady interviewed with several young ladies as a feature for Refinery 29. One of the young ladies, Alejandra Santizo asked about how women could become leaders and Obama gave a great response.
She said, “My best advice to girls, including my own daughters, is do not be afraid to fail. So often, our own fear of failure is the thing that keeps us back. We think we have to be perfect, that if we make even the tiniest mistake, it’s a catastrophe. That’s simply not true!” Obama also mentioned that the way to succeed is by failing.
She also spoke about how you must be kind to other women. Obama said, “I also advise girls to be supportive of each other. I cannot say this enough! Too often we’re taught that we have to compete, or that someone else’s failure is our success. But we can all rise together; we can all win. We have to be a team of women and girls who love each other and value each other and cherish one another. Because if we don’t cherish each other, no one else will.”
- Black History Month 2019: Erykah Badu
- Hooligan Spotlight: Sunnyside Cafe owner Chuck [HOOLIGAN EXPRESS]
- Vitamin Of The Day: If You Want To Feel Rich Just Count Your Blessings
- Report: Tristan Thompson Cheated on Khloe Kardashian With Kylie Jenner’s Best Friend
- Man Gets Charged With 1993 Murder After Police Get His DNA Off A Napkin In The Trash
- Your Jail Cell’s Calling: Alleged Third Tape Of R. Kelly Have Sex With Underage Girl Surfaces
- Registration Open For 1st Social Justice Teen Summit For High School Students
- Slick Woods Reunites With Her Mom After 17 Year Prison Bid…They Are Twins! [PHOTO]
- Bernie Sanders Announces 2020 Presidential Bid
- An 11-Year-Old Was Arrested For Refusing To Stand For The Pledge Of Allegiance