Michelle Obama has always been one to share advice and inspire young women. The Huffington Post reports the former first lady interviewed with several young ladies as a feature for Refinery 29. One of the young ladies, Alejandra Santizo asked about how women could become leaders and Obama gave a great response.
She said, “My best advice to girls, including my own daughters, is do not be afraid to fail. So often, our own fear of failure is the thing that keeps us back. We think we have to be perfect, that if we make even the tiniest mistake, it’s a catastrophe. That’s simply not true!” Obama also mentioned that the way to succeed is by failing.
She also spoke about how you must be kind to other women. Obama said, “I also advise girls to be supportive of each other. I cannot say this enough! Too often we’re taught that we have to compete, or that someone else’s failure is our success. But we can all rise together; we can all win. We have to be a team of women and girls who love each other and value each other and cherish one another. Because if we don’t cherish each other, no one else will.”
- Smithsonian Moves Michelle Obama Portrait Due To ‘High Volume Of Visitors’
- Roundway Of The Day: Whizz200 – “Straight Drop ft Magik200” [HOOLIGAN EXPRESS]
- Why Black Tony Is On The Toilet [EXCLUSIVE]
- Prank Call: Mother Curses Out Roy Wood Jr. For Talking About Her Daughter [EXCLUSIVE]
- Rickey Smiley Talks About The Death Of 4-Year-Old Aniya Day Garrett And The Signs Of Abuse [EXCLUSIVE]
- Birdman Goes Sneaker Shopping With Complex [VIDEO]
- Atari’s Retro Console Has A New Name, Still No Release Date Though
- A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie “No Promises,” Slim Thug ft. Paul Wall “R.I.P. Parking Lot” & More | Daily Visuals 3.20.18
- The Twist And Turns On “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” Premiere [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- IT’S HERE: The Mr. Rogers Documentary Trailer Will Have You Shedding Hella Thug Tears