Michelle Obama has always been one to share advice and inspire young women. The Huffington Post reports the former first lady interviewed with several young ladies as a feature for Refinery 29. One of the young ladies, Alejandra Santizo asked about how women could become leaders and Obama gave a great response.
She said, “My best advice to girls, including my own daughters, is do not be afraid to fail. So often, our own fear of failure is the thing that keeps us back. We think we have to be perfect, that if we make even the tiniest mistake, it’s a catastrophe. That’s simply not true!” Obama also mentioned that the way to succeed is by failing.
She also spoke about how you must be kind to other women. Obama said, “I also advise girls to be supportive of each other. I cannot say this enough! Too often we’re taught that we have to compete, or that someone else’s failure is our success. But we can all rise together; we can all win. We have to be a team of women and girls who love each other and value each other and cherish one another. Because if we don’t cherish each other, no one else will.”
- Ko-Show Fitness: 21 Tons Of Beef Recalled
- Oregon Student Pleads Guilty To Peddling Bootleg iPhones, Cost Apple $900K
- Jamaica’s Shenseea Brings Talents Stateside, Signs to Interscope Records
- Scamma Bamma: Man Accused Of Swindling $80K From Woman He Met On Dating Site
- PNB Rock on How He Got His Name & Being Truly In Love for the 1st Time
- Halle Berry Shocks Everyone With Risky Girl On Girl Action [Video]
- Jimmy Kimmel Kills The Ratings With Jamie Foxx TV Classic [Video]
- Get Your A$$ Out Of Bed Here’s Your Next Job
- Veterans Employee Allegedly Recording People Using The Bathroom
- #IRockRoundWay Season 1 Episode 9 – SBO Boyz Takeover featuring SBO Tae, SBO Tone, SBO Kris [HOOLIGAN EXPRESS]