Don’t we all wish we could accidentally make millions like 50 Cent did? According to Complex, the rapper and mogul sold a $60 million share in Effen Vodka and then made millions by getting into cryptocurrency. 50 Cent is the first rapper to accept bitcoin as a payment for his album “Animal Ambition” and it earned him 700 bitcoins.
During that time bitcoin was only worth $662 and he made $463,000 in sales. Reports state that the rapper left the 700 bitcoins in his account for several years. Now, bitcoins value at nearly $11,000 and he has over $7 million because of it.
50 Cent even talked about it on social media and said, “Not Bad for a kid from South Side, I’m so proud of me.LOL #denofthieves.” One of his lowest selling albums still ended up making him a lot of money. Enjoy that bitcoin money 50 Cent.
RELATED: 50 Cent Wins “Power” Lawsuit
- Da Brat Clears Up Red Carpet Statement About R. Kelly [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Teyana Taylor Responds To Rumors That Shump Had A Baby On Her… “I’d Kill Him. End Of Story.”
- Cardi B Is Ready To Get Back With Offset
- Gary’s Tea: Kanye West Will Possibly Release A Gospel Album, Tamar Braxton & Kandi Burruss Feud Inside The “Celebrity Big Brother” House & More [VIDEO]
- Former Georgetown Hoyas Hoops Star Victor Page’s Violent Incident Caught On Tape
- Get Your A$$ Out Of Bed Here’s Your Next Job
- YBS Skola Debuts ‘Only Hope 3’ on Next at Nine [Video]
- Chloe x Halle to Sing ‘America the Beautiful’ at Super Bowl LIII
- “This B!tch Lyin'”: Chris Brown Responds to Rape Allegations [UPDATE]
- “Black Panther” & “BlacKkKlansman” Land Multiple Oscar Nominations: See Full List