Sad news to report. Hip-hop historian and the founding partner of the Loud Speakers Podcast network, passed away Wednesday. He was only 48 years old.
In October, Reggie Ossé, also known as Combat Jack, revealed he had colon cancer. See below:
Born in Brooklyn, New York, Combat Jack was a pioneer in hip hop. The former music attorney and executive became the Vice President of Audio/Music DVD at MTV Networks and later the managing editor of The Source. In 2006, he wrote the book Bling, about the history of hip-hop and jewelry. In 2013, he founded the Loud Speakers Podcast, which is home to popular podcasts like The Read and his podcast The Combat Jack Show. He is being mourned all over social media:
Combat Jack reportedly had four kids. Our condolences go out to his friends, family and fans.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 8
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 8
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 8
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 8
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 8
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 8
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 8
8 of 8
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U