Back in the day, we listened to them go at it on “The Boy Is Mine” and now, it seems Brandy wants to make it very clear the late Whitney Houston‘s love is hers too. After Baller Alert posted a throwback clip of Whitney showing Monica some love at a show, Brandy followed up by posting her own sentimental clip of Whitney praising her back in the day. And we can’t forget about the shady caption that went with it.
The “Have You Ever” legend justified her post by saying she’s been about her “Fairy Godmother.” Brandy also claimed the video was sent to her and that’s how she ended up posting it. She wrote in part, “This is real love and if you’re stalking my page, scroll down and you’ll see, I’ve been all about Whitney and that will never change. And now that I’ve said that, I get to turn off my comments because I don’t have to read anything that’s untrue about me….(this was sent to me and I posted it).”
This subtle shade comes after some not so subtle shade; when Monica’s #SoGoneChallenge blew up, Brandy was very adamant (and public) about not participating, at which point Monica brushed off the drama, letting the hosts of The Real know she respects Brandy and would take the high road.
After that incident, fans were convinced Brandy shaded Mo during her epic performance at the Soul Train Awards. Brandy changed her “Talk About Our Love” lyrics to include a comment about a celeb’s “fanbase jumping in.” There’s also the issue of Whitney’s #1 Fairy Goddaughter…
View this post on Instagram
She made me feel special and I knew she loved me and she still does. She said #MyCinderella – #HeartDrops #MyFairyGodMother- #History I love you🌹 #Nippy Thank you @trueexclusives This is real love and if you're stalking my page, scroll down and you'll see, I've been all about Whitney and that will never change. And now that I've said that, I get to turn off my comments because I don't have to read anything that's untrue about me….(this was sent to me and I posted it) none of you know my #street #inthesestreets and have gotten my behavior confused with your own petty projections! Different concert, different night, same wardrobe—#HappyHolidays
Whatever the underlying problem is, Brandy ain’t playin’. Check out her latest comment above.
11 Photos Of Mary J. Blige Killing The Game Back In '92
1. Mary takes over the stage in her signature look.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. The R&B goddess takes a stance at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. How sweet does she look at the KMEL Summer Jam in 1992?Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Mary J. & Joe Public win big at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Mary J. Blige is all smiles in a hoodie and curls.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Mary does her one, two-step while performing in '92.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. She had a flawless smile, even back then.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Mary J. wins big at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Show 'em who's queen.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Super Cat and Mary chill backstage at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Let's get 'em, queen!Source:Getty 11 of 11
R&B Beef: Did Brandy Shade Monica With This Clip Of Whitney Houston? was originally published on www.globalgrind.com