This may have been a horrible year for politics, but musically, we were blessed. Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Solange Knowles, Drake, Rihanna and even more artists released classic albums that we’re still banging today.
And it looks like we can look forward to great music in 2017. This weekend three artists revealed that their working on new projects: Mariah Carey, Jazmine Sullivan and Lloyd.
The news about Mariah’s album came from the Pied Piper himself, R.Kelly. On Twitter he said, “@MariahCarey great convo yesterday.” Adding, “Hopefully we can get in the studio SOON. Good luck to you and @JussieSmollett on your Hawaii shows!” The shows with Jussie he’s referring to are her limited appearance The Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour with Jussie Smollett for Hawaii residents and military only— with a portion of sales going to the Rick Bartalini Presents Never Surrender Foundation for at risk LGBT youth.
Not sure how we feel about Mariah working R.Kelz… but it’s good to know she’s releasing new music, especially with breakup music being the most soulful.
Next up is Jazmine who trolled fans on Twitter Saturday afternoon. “Think I’m ready to write another album,” she simply said. Her last album, Reality Show was released in 2015 and made it to No.1 on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. Fans instantly encouraged her to get in the studio for a new one.
And last but not least, Lloyd shared the cover for his upcoming album TRU. “This photo means a lot to me,” he said on Instagram. “It’s not about exploiting myself, as many would like to believe. Yet, it is about accepting myself for how I am. Letting go of all the fears, inhibitions, and insecurities that exist inside of me sometimes. Embracing the fact that my “flaws” are only projected onto me by others, but never existent inside of my own mind, because there are no perfect people out here in this world. And it’s about eliminating the gimmicks, the magic tricks, the stage antics.”
Adding, “No auto tune when I record. No Photoshop when I’m photographed. No pretending I’m something I’m not. I can accept what I have instead of longing for what I wish I did, and I know that even though that may not be good enough for everybody, somebody will love me more for it.”
Aside from clearly spending time in the gym, Lloyd also earned his GED from the state of Georgia.
- Reginae Carter Is Joining A Major Reality TV Franchise
- Ex-Friend Threatens To Expose Gucci Mane’s Alleged Gay Secrets
- 5 Celeb Couples Who Will Get You Ready For Cuffing Season
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @92qjamsbmore
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
20 Times Mariah Carey’s Kids Made Our Hearts Melt (PHOTOS)
1. Mariah with her babies Monroe and MoroccanSource:Fresh Air Fund/WireImage/Getty 1 of 20
2. Mariah and baby Monroe in the hospitalSource:Fresh Air Fund/WireImage/Getty 2 of 20
3. Mariah feeds her newborn daughter MonroeSource:Fresh Air Fund/WireImage/Getty 3 of 20
4. Beautiful Mariah with her daughter MonroeSource:Angela Weiss/WireImage/Getty 4 of 20
5. Mariah’s kids take a selfie!Source:Instagram 5 of 20
6. Mariah’s kids are just too cute for words!Source:Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic/Getty 6 of 20
7. Mariah with her munchkins at her Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremonySource:Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images 7 of 20
8. Mariah laughs with daughter MonroeSource:Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic/Getty 8 of 20
9. Mariah and daughter Monroe catch some sun in IbiziaSource:Europa Press/Europa Press via Getty Images 9 of 20
10. Cookie time at the Carey-Cannon householdSource:Instagram 10 of 20
11. Mariah’s kids are having a sweet fantasySource:Instagram 11 of 20
12. Mariah dyes Easter eggs with the kidsSource:Instagram 12 of 20
13. Mariah takes the kids to the Tower of LondonSource:Instagram 13 of 20
14. A dream come true: Mariah’s kids visit Hamley’s Toy StoreSource:Instagram 14 of 20
15. School time for Moroccan and Monroe CannonSource:Instagram 15 of 20
16. Moroccan and Monroe love mommy!Source:Instagram 16 of 20
17. Mariah’s kids chow down at Chuck E. CheeseSource:Instagram 17 of 20
18. Buried alive!Source:Instagram 18 of 20
19. Bedtime for Moroccan and MonroeSource:Instagram 19 of 20
20. Moroccan and Monroe have fun in the snowSource:Instagram 20 of 20