With Cam’ron’s retirement looming, the Harlem rapper releases a new visual for his autobiographical song “U Wasn’t There.”
Last year, Cam announced that Purple Haze 2 would be his last album before retiring, and it appears he’s ready for Killa Season to end sooner rather than later.
The three-minute video features old throwback pictures of people who played an instrumental part in Cam’s life. From his dad and his grandma, to his teenage girlfriend who “held him down,” you’ll definitely feel like you know Cam’ron better after watching his “U Wasn’t There” visual.
Although Cam will be putting his mic down, he will be picking up a new hobby: acting. He’s working on two sitcoms that are currently in development.
Watch Cam’ron’s new one up top.
14 Style Tips Cam'ron Taught Us Over The Years (PHOTOS)
14 photos Launch gallery
1. 1. It's always cool to wear matching outfits with ya bae.
1 of 14
2. 2. Always take style risks. Example: Cam can be seen here rocking the dreaded Canadian tuxedo.
2 of 14
3. 3. Proper color coordination can make or break an outfit.
3 of 14
4. 4. There's nothing wrong with having your face on the shirt that you're currently wearing.
4 of 14
5. 5. Your kick game should always be proper. (And the sneakers don't always have to be Nikes either).
5 of 14
6. 6. The cape is an underrated accessory.
6 of 14
7. 7. PETA should never stop you from rocking what you wanna rock.
7 of 14
8. 8. Two chains are better than one. Three are better than two. ETC.
8 of 14
9. 9. Comfort is just as important as style.
9 of 14
10. 10. Real men wear pink. Juuuheard?
10 of 14
11. 11. Don't be afraid to rep the flag of yo' country.
11 of 14
12. 12. Camo anything is always a good look.
12 of 14
13. 13. Use your clothes to grow your brand.
13 of 14
14. 14. Clean up when your lady requests it.
14 of 14
Watch Cam’ron’s “U Wasn’t There” Music Video was originally published on globalgrind.com