It’s no secret that #TeamBeautiful loves us some Ayesha Curry, wife of Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry, but last night the Tweets came for our girl after she threw a slight bit of “classy” shade at sisters who like to expose skin.
Most people were supportive of the tweet and let her know:
But there were also those who said she was being condescending and slut-shaming women for their preferences:
Then came the men who chase women wearing provocative clothes, but judge their character and find it lacking:
Curry apparently took notice that her innocent tweet sparked controversy — when we last checked, she was the #1 trending topic — and said that women shouldn’t be judged for or by what they wear.
We know she was just voicing her personal opinion on style, and she tried to smooth it over, but the Classy vs. Trashy War is in full swing. Just when you think we’ve evolved past this point, something like this happens to remind us that women, especially women of color, are not supposed to be sexy and free — at least not without a man’s permission.
Take note, men — and women who think knocking a woman for what she wears earns her “Find a Man” points: Grown women wear what they want.
Steph Curry's Most Adorable Daddy/Daughter Moments With Show-Stealing Riley
1. Riley Curry Turns 3 & Celebrates With The Nae Nae1 of 12
2. BRUHHHH!2 of 12
3. Someone needs a nap!3 of 12
4. Those eyes!Source:Getty 4 of 12
5. #NBA// Even if you don't give a whit about basketball take a moment this morn to enjoy the adorableness that was MVP player #StephenCurry's two-year old daughter #RileyCurry at his team's press conference last night. She is lighting up social media cuz she stole the show! If you do watch basketball, you already know the entire Curry fam is a beautiful thing to behold. Riley is just the latest attraction.5 of 12
6. Tough night in LA but who can't smile afterwards seeing my Baby girl had the exclusives on last night! Ice-Cold ClutchFit Drives. #RileyEditions6 of 12
7. #family7 of 12
8. Pumpkin Patch kind of Day with my ladies! I got a nice workout in following baby girl through the bounce mazes! #strawberry8 of 12
9. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone from the Curry family. A lot to be thankful for...9 of 12
10. @wardell30's daughter is the cutest! #rileycurry10 of 12
11. Been too good!11 of 12
Uh-Oh: Ayesha Curry Throws A Little ‘Classy’ Shade And Sparks Twitter War [POLL] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com