Official Kendrick’s Cash Text-To-Win Sweepstakes Rules
The “Kendrick’s Cash Text-To-Win” sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on October 29, 2015 and end on November 25, 2015 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes will be conducted exclusively via SMS / Texting. Seventy-six (76) qualifying winners will each be awarded One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) (“Qualifying Prize”). One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded: Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000) (“Grand Prize”).
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of the below-listed Radio One, Inc. stations, (collectively, the “Participating Stations”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within one of the below-mentioned metropolitan areas, and are 21 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, listeners must do the following:
- Sweepstakes participants must listen at designated times to find out the winning keywords of the day. Listeners must text in the correct keyword to the announced short code during the allocated time. Standard text and data rates will apply.
- All text entries must be received by the designated time announced by the local Participating Station or they will be void.
- Entries are limited to one per person, per phone number during the Sweepstakes Period.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s text entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the mobile account at the time the entry was made.
- Seventy-six (76) qualifying prize winners will be selected by random drawing from all the eligible entries received via text during the Sweepstakes Period. Qualifying prize winners will be notified by phone and / or email.
- One (1) grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible participants that won a qualifying prize during the Sweepstakes Period. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and / or email.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Participating Stations.
- Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of their local Participating Station to claim the Prize.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim the Prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Participating Station.
- If your local radio station or geographic market is not listed below, then you are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes or to be awarded any prizes for your participation. Radio One, Inc. and its affiliates and promotional partners shall not be liable for any claims by ineligible entrants.
- All decisions made by the Participating Stations and Radio One, Inc. (“Company”) management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
Market Station Web Site
Atlanta, GA WAMJ-FM (WUMJ) MajicATL.com
Baltimore, MD WWIN-FM MagicBaltimore.com
Charlotte, NC WPZS-FM PraiseCharlotte.com
Cleveland, OH WZAK-FM WZAKCleveland.com
Columbus, OH WXMG-FM MyColumbusMagic.com
Detroit, MI WDMK-FM KissDetroit.com
Indianapolis, IN WTLC-FM TLCNapTown.com
Raleigh, NC WFXK-FM FoxyNC.com
Market Station Web Site
Philadelphia, PA WPHI-FM BoomPhilly.com
Richmond, VA WKJS-FM KissRichmond.com
St. Louis, MO WFUN-FM OldSchool955.com
Washington, DC WMMJ-FM MyMajicDC.com
- The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of the Participating Stations who are 21 years of age or older and are legal residents of the United States residing within the metropolitan area of one of the above-listed radio stations.
- Employees of the Participating Stations, the Company, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Participating Station’s metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
- Persons who have won a prize in another sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from the Participating Stations within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Participating Stations during any thirty (30) day period.
- The following Prize elements will be awarded:
- Seventy-six (76) qualifying prize winners will each be awarded One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) in the form of a check.
- One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded
Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000) in the form of a check.
- To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
- Dates and times of concerts, events, trips and activities promoted by event sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the Station. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. The Station is not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
- Prize will not be mailed. Unless otherwise provided, Prize must be claimed at the offices of the local Participating Station by no later twenty-four (24) hours after the winner has been notified or the Prize will be forfeited.
- No substitution of Prize is offered, no transfer of Prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Station’ management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the Prize.
- If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner decides not to accept the Prize awarded, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the Prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes sponsor and / or Sweepstakes administrator if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Participating Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Participating Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the Prize.
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
- All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Participating Stations, the Company, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded Prize or any portion thereof, or participation in Prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their Prize.
- The Participating Stations retain the right to disqualify any entrant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed. Sweepstakes void if prohibited by law.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Participating Stations reserve the right to make changes in these Sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
- The Participating Stations, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, internet registration or text entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer or mobile device, arising from or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification.
- By accepting the Prize, the winner acknowledges that the Participating Stations and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Participating Stations, the Company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including; cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Participating Stations, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur, the Participating Stations may in their sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Participating Stations in lieu of the Prize originally awarded.
- If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond the Participating Stations and the Company’s, control which, in the Participating Stations and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Participating Stations and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
- Copies of Sweepstakes rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Radio One Inc. corporate headquarters located at 1010 Wayne Avenue, 14th Floor, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Consent to Electronic Disclosure
By replying as directed to the text we sent you linking to this page (the “Invitation Text”), you consent to receive the disclosure in the Invitation Text electronically. (This consent pertains only to the disclosure in the Invitation Text.) You may withdraw your consent by replying “STOP” to any text we send you, but you understand that doing so means we will not be able to send you Text Club texts after we receive your reply text and that your withdrawal does not have retroactive effect. To update your contact information or obtain a free paper copy of the disclosure in the Invitation Text, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You need a mobile phone with sufficient text message capabilities and unused storage space to view and retain a copy of the disclosure in the Invitation Text.
Text Club Terms & Conditions
By replying as directed to an Invitation Text, or by otherwise providing express or written consent to receive informational or marketing text messages, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You consent to receive text messages for informational or marketing purposes at the telephone number to which the Invitation Text was sent or the number specified in any other consent you have provided. You agree that these text messages may be sent by Radio One, Inc. [and its affiliates, radio stations, agents, successors and assigns] ([collectively,] “we,” “our” and “us”). If you did not consent to receive text messages for informational or marketing purposes from us, please contact us using the contact information below. You are not required to reply as directed to an Invitation Text or sign another written consent for marketing texts (directly or indirectly), or agree to such a consent as a condition of purchasing any property, goods, or services.
If you wish to stop receiving informational or marketing text messages from us, reply to any text message we have sent you and in the reply text simply type “STOP.” Your stop request will generally become effective immediately. You may also revoke your consent to receive text messages from us by emailing us using the contact information below. Please include the mobile number to which you want us to stop sending texts in your email.
If at any time you need our contact information or information on how to stop text messages, reply to any text message we have sent you and in the reply text simply type HELP. Upon receiving your text message, we will send you a text message with this information.
It is our policy to generally send no more than five marketing text messages per week. In general, the text messages we send provide you with information about sweepstakes, contests, promotions, breaking news, weather alerts, concerts and special offers.
You understand that the text messages we send may be seen by anyone with access to your phone. Accordingly, you should take steps to safeguard your phone and your text messages if you want them to remain private.
You promise to us that you are either the subscriber or customary user of the mobile phone associated with the mobile number to which the Invitation Text was sent. Please notify us immediately if you change mobile numbers or plan to provide your number to another person.
Your mobile phone carrier’s message and data rates apply to the text messages we send. Not all carriers may support our text message program.
If we modify this Marketing Text Message Policy, we will attempt to notify you by sending you a text message with a link to the new policy unless you have revoked your consent. We may terminate our text club program at any time.
If you have any questions about this policy, would like us to mail you a paper copy of this policy or are having problems receiving or stopping our text messages, please contact us using the following information: 1010 Wayne Avenue, 14th Floor, Silver Spring, MD 20910, (301) 429-3200.