This weekend, I’m walking in the Lupus Awareness walk and I’m happy to say that although I don’t know many people with Lupus, I am glad to be doing something for awareness.
First, what is Lupus:
Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body). Chronic means that the signs and symptoms tend to last longer than six weeks and often for many years.
What are the symptoms:
- Extreme fatigue (tiredness)
- Painful or swollen joints
- Anemia (low numbers of red blood cells or hemoglobin, or low total blood volume)
- Swelling (edema) in feet, legs, hands, and/or around eyes
What can you do:
- Walk To End Lupus
- Become A Lupus Activist
- Participate in a clinical trial
- Spread Awareness
Help me and the entire LUPUS community get a cure! TAKE ACTION!
You may also want to read about:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER/INSTAGRAM @KIKIBROWN92Q
FAN ME ON FACEBOOK @MSKIKIBROWN