Of course, in no time at all, Twitter created the hashtag #HotInHerreStreamingParty in an effort to help the Grammy winner keep his assets, by listening to “Hot in Herre” over and over again. Sources close to the rapper say that Nelly’s working with tax authorities to resolve the issue. According to reports, the tax lien, which was filed in August, stems from unpaid taxes in 2013.
Spin magazine calculated that with Spotify paying an artist just $0.006 to $0.0084 per stream, Dirty Mo needs at least 287,176,547 to settle his bill with Uncle Sam— thus the #HotInHerreStreamingParty was born.
If Nelly doesn’t pay what he owes to the IRS, they could seize his assets and property. It’s always nice to see social media come together for the greater good.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
- Young Thug Says There Will Be “Two Brides” At His Wedding
- 50 Cent Posts Timer Counting Down the Days to His Last Child Support Payment
- Is Ciara On “Preggers Watch”? (Video)
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Celebs Who've Had Trouble With The IRS
1. NellySource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Wesley SnipesSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. Lil KimSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Lauryn HillSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. Swizz BeatzSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Kelly RowlandSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. Toni BraxtonSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. Lil WayneSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. NasSource:Getty 9 of 9
Source: Billboard|PHOTOCREDIT: Twitter, Getty