Flames raced through a packed nightclub in Brazil early Sunday morning, leaving everyone in shock and killing more than 230 people! According to the Washington Post television images showed smoke pouring out of the Kiss nightclub as shirtless young men who had attended a university party joined firefighters using axes and sledgehammers to pound at windows and walls to free those trapped inside. Guido Pedroso Melo, commander of the city’s fire department, told the O Globo newspaper that firefighters had a hard time getting inside the club because “there was a barrier of bodies blocking the entrance.”
According to a survivor Michele Pereira she says that a member of the band performing at the club started the fire.
“The band that was onstage began to use flares and, suddenly, they stopped the show and pointed them upward,” she said. “At that point, the ceiling caught fire. It was really weak, but in a matter of seconds it spread.”
What actually started the fire is still under investigation.
Check out the video below of the incident that is already being called the worlds most deadliest night club fires!
Follow me on Twitter/Instgram @PersiaNicole